Friday 11 September 2009

I should have stayed in bed!

Today is one of those days that I should have stayed in bed and catch up on some much needed sleep. But alas, being an absolute fool, I decided to go and have a look at the drains to see if the conditions had improved, I met Alan there for 9am and they had improved greatly, a bit coloured but nothing that wouldn't suggest that you wouldn't catch. After no action we packed up at 3pm.

I was just packing my gear into my van, when it happened. A treble hook off one of my rods, somehow came loose and ended up in my bag, as I was working it free it worked it's way into my left index finger. Damn! Alan tried to set me free by pulling it out, however it was well in, it didn't help that this particular hook was barbed. So there was only one thing for it.... Casualty!

I drove down there with the treble still in place, I managed to park in the ambulance bay, as I was explaining to the car park attendant that I had no money on me, I saw my van rolling backwards, due to the treble being in my left hand I didn't apply the handbrake, what an idiot! The worse part of this ordeal though was the local anaesthetic that I had to have in my finger. It took the doctor what seemed like an hour to get the hook out, but in reality it was around 10 minutes. He had to cut the hook out by slicing my finger with a scalpel, he was unable to push it through, as it was in a bit of an awkward place.

Have a learned a lesson from this? Nah I doubt it, it'll probably happen again.


Ouch!.