Saturday 19 September 2009

I should have listened to my instincts

The weekend was here, that could only mean one thing, fishing - "Hurrah!" My choice of venue was to be the Sluice, well why wouldn't I? I had three fish off there on Wednesday so I was up for another session.

It was though a little while before I managed to catch any bait - in fact I'd say it took me around an hour to get my first bite, tip fishing was pretty tough going today. Eventually one of my rods was baited up. I'd just about sat back in my seat - I'd say within around a minute and a half and I was in! A quick take indeed, not exactly the biggest Pike I've ever caught, a Jack of around 3lb's.

Was today going to be a red letter day? Well if I'd listened to my instincts then who knows... I was getting plenty of bites but each and every time I was having my bait stolen. My instinct was nagging and nagging me to change my hook, but I resisted for around 4 to 5 hours. What an idiot! As soon as I changed my hook I started catching fish. I was left ruing what might have been.

Thankfully all was not lost though, and the session was saved by landing a hard fighting Pike of around 9lb's.

Session Saver!