Friday 8 February 2008

Finally my quest for a double is complete


Decided to give Sixfields another go. So arrived nice and early, around 7.20am and had both rods in the water by about 7.40. Tried out the leap frogging tactic today. I walked quite far and worked my way back to the van. I fished several places. In total today I had 6 runs on my rod. However I was soon to learn that I was striking too early. I was using bite alarms, and was missing strike after strike, I was finding this very frustrating. Finally by about 3 o'clock I hooked onto a fish, and it give a good account of itself. It took me about 5 minutes to land it. At first it looked nothing more than 6 or 7 pounds, but once it was in the net I could clearly see that I'd landed my first ever double. It was long and looked lean, but had a massive gut. It weighed in at an impressive 12lb 9oz I was absolutely made up. Luckily there was a dog walker near by so I called him over to take some pictures. I know there are a lot bigger fish out there and that 12lb 9oz is not exactly staggering, but this fish meant a lot to me as I have put a lot into catching it.