Saturday 26 April 2008

Carping session at Twin Lakes Croston

Settled in for the day!View across the lake

I found out this week that The SDAA (Southport District Angling Association) had acquired fishing rights to Twin Lakes Croston, and that members can fish it free of charge. This lake is only half a mile from my apartment, and is rumoured to contain some decent size Carp. I arrived at the lake at 8.30am and made my way to the very far end corner. Bivvy set up and chair reclined I was in for a great day. There was only one problem. I didn't get one bite, I didn't see any Carp jump, roll or splash, in fact of all the lakes that I have fished recently I have to say that this was the most inactive I've seen. I could count on one hand the amount of fish I saw jump. I packed up at 8.00pm rather disappointed. I will head back there Monday morning with my feeder rod for a few hours as I'm sure this lake contains a lot of small silver fish, and there are rumours of massive Perch.