Tuesday 6 April 2010

Plenty of Bream on the tip

Bank Holiday Monday and another chance to get out and wet a line. I arranged a day's fishing with Allan, the only problem was that we couldn't decide where to go. We sat in the van deliberating for a good 5 minutes, eventually deciding that we should head back to the venue we fished two days previously. It offers a good bit of shelter from the heavy winds that were promised for the day ahead, and there was a chance of some good sport fishing on the tip.

It didn't take long for the bites to come, I fished at range on a maggot feeder and my first bite saw my rod tip bend right round, I thought I was into a Carp or possibly a large Tench. I was surprised to see that I'd in fact caught a Chub, my first of three that I'd catch during the day, Allan also caught a Chub which he informed me was the first one that he'd ever caught. I had a good head of Bream today and around 30 odd pounds of fish, the largest of which was probably touching 3 pounds

The fishing has started to become a little competitive between myself and Allan and he was keeping an eye on the scores throughout the day. He nearly had me at one point but the result finished 18-11 to me, it's only a matter of time before the apprentice beats the master (His word's not mine)



Biggest Bream of the day

Al's first ever Chub