Monday 3 August 2009

The nights are drawing in

I fished the same area of the Sluice that I fished last Monday. Single red maggot on the tip produced a fair amount of small fish. My Pike rod saw no action at all this session, the Tench rod fared a little better, producing two Tench, one just over 2lb's and one just over 3lbs. Both Tench came late on. I also caught a Hybrid of around a pound. Alan caught a decent sized Perch weighing dead on 1lb a new PB for Al. He perhaps would rather I didn't mention that he pulled out of a Pike and also lost a Tench whilst playing it. GOOD! :) It was rather noticeable tonight that the nights are drawing in, it was getting dark by 9.30 and was pretty much pitch black by 10 O'clock. This is a sign though, that it will soon be time for dusting down the dead bait rods.

PB Perch for Alan weighing 1lb