Thursday 20 August 2009

Back to the Sluice with a splash!

Well what a return to the Sluice for me tonight, I've been away for a week and I was itching to get the rods back out. I couldn't believe how windy it was down there, it was blowing an absolute hooly. I fished the tip and a Pike rod, not too much action on the tip rod apart from the odd Skimmer and Roach. The night was drawing in and I was contemplating packing up when I saw a commotion by my Pike float a Pike had struck at my bait but it missed (Should have gone to Specsavers) expecting the Pike to come back and have another go I stood by my rod and waited for the inevitable, as quick as a flash she was back but didn't miss this time. I struck into the take and felt a good lump on the end. I was very disappointed with the fight as she swam towards me. However just as I was about to net her she decided to fight like the devil, brilliant fight. I didn't bother to weigh it but I'd say she was around 11 to 12 pounds. I made my way down the bank to put her back in the water, when 'Kasploosh!' I managed to slip and fall in, not just my feet I was tits deep in the drink. :( I was absolutely soaking, the water thankfully was nice and warm. The worst thing of all was that I had my iphone in my pocket, needless to say it's knackered :( thankfully though it's insured