Wednesday 1 July 2009

Sluice, still fishing well, even in this heat

A couple more Tench and a Pike of around 11lb's were my spoils from another session on the Sluice, I fished late afternoon until evening, the temperature was very hot, but it didn't seem to put the fish off feeding, this leads me to a point, in my opinion the Sluice is fishing very well this season, bait fish are at the moment, are pretty easy to catch, most times I'm getting a bite a chuck on my whip, there is a good head of Perch, Pike are certainly feeding and the Tench are showing in good numbers, the only species that seems to not be making an appearance (For me at least) is Bream, I'm due a few slabs in the net! I have started to notice a pattern on Pike feeding times during the summer, and it has come to my attention that most of my catches are coming between 6 and 8pm, and I haven't had any takes in the later evening, I will check through my photographs and make a record of capture times.

Caught on my whip

A lovely golden colour TenchA double that couldn't resist a Perch