Monday 4 May 2009

First Carp session of the year

Myself and Ben had arranged to spend the whole of the bank holiday weekend Carp fishing at a local reservoir. I arrived Friday night at around 11 O'clock, Ben had arrived a little earlier at around 6ish. Ben to his credit had managed to wait until I was set up and ready to fish until he made his first cast of the season. We were rods in by about 1 O'clock in the morning. I had one run in the night, alas it wasn't a Carp, it was a Bream of around 3 pounds, this was to be the first of 3 bream on this trip. The first Carp of the season fell to me (GOOD!) on Sunday morning, at 5.30am my alarm screamed off, my right hand margin rod which I'd baited up with a Strawberry and Honey flavoured peanut, was in! I was to be given a great fight, the Carp in this reservoir always seem put their heads down and go deep. A Common Carp of 12lb 6oz was to be my first of the season. The weather this weekend was pretty lousy, it rained a lot, and the temperature was a much cooler than the week before, this defintely knocked the fishing off. What was looking like a blank for Ben was saved, (DAMN!) he had a run at around 12.30ish on Sunday night, a Common Carp at around 8lb's. We decided to pack up Monday morning as the weather had given rain all day.

First Carp of the season 12lb 6oz Common

5.30am self takes are not the most flattering of photographs :)