Saturday 9 May 2009

Eel's, Eel's and a few more Eel's, oh and a few more Eel's

The weather was terrible today, it was once again blowing a hooligan ,and just as I was about to set off for a few hours fishing, the heavens opened. A quick check on the weather forecast revealed that the rain wasn't going to last, and that clear skies were predicted for the rest of the day. As soon as I arrived at the canal, the weather as promised turned for the better. I decided today to try something completely different, I ledgered worms on a size 12 hook, and used a bite alarm for bite indication, my logic behind this was that if it started to rain, I could still fish and take shelter in my JRC Stealth Brolly :) what followed was to be run after run after run, it really was a bite a chuck, however.......... all but one fish was an Eel, it was a shame that I didn't have my keepnet with me, as I estimate that I had around 18 or so Eel's, this would have made an interesting picture. The other fish that I caught was a decent sized Hybrid of around 2lb's or so. Note to self! "Next time take some sweetcorn and bread with you!"