Monday 2 March 2009

First Pike on the new rod

I bought 2 Pike rods this week they're FOX M Boat 10ft 9" 2.5TC and I wanted to try one of the out so I headed back to the peg that was rather productive for me last Monday. After around an hour my new rod was in! I struck into the fish, and I was really pleased at the rods through action and performance when playing the fish. The Pike was around 10lb's, not the longest of fish, but she was pretty fat, I'm guessing that she was full of spawn. And that was it. There was no more action for the rest of the day, I did catch a few Dace on my whip which were a lovely colour of Blue. The weather was really bad throughout the afternoon I was battered by wind and rain, and took shelter in my Stealth Brolly.

10lb Pike and trying to get to grips with this smiling thing