Monday 17 March 2008

Beef's First visit to Hurlston Hall

Beef's First Tench of the day
The Clonker! 21lb 4oz
My 6lb 7oz
Early morning shot of the Rod Pod

Today Beef and I headed to Hurlston Hall Fishery. This would be officially Beef's first carping session, and would give him the chance to christen his new rod and reel set up. The first fish was landed by myself, a Common carp weighing in at just 6lb 7oz, my fist carp of the season. Beef watched on and called me a few names. Perhaps the fish were going to feed well today and I was hopeful of bagging my Carp personal best. However the moment of the day was left to Beef, at around 1 O'clock his bite alarm screamed in to action. I've never seen him move so fast as he finally got some rod bending action that he thoroughly deserved, it'd been a long time coming. Earlier in the day Beef had been saying that he'd take a double today, and he got his wish. When the Carp was near the net i was shocked by the size of what I saw, and the line actually snapped right by the net, I had to do a deft manoeuvre to rescue his catch, luckily I managed to net it for him. You owe me big time mate! We scurried over to the scales and weigh sling and weighed it. It was a monster common carp weighing in at a whopping 21lb 4oz. And it was in immaculate condition. What a way to christen your new rod and reel, this is the stuff of dreams. To say he was pleased is an understatement (See Photo's) Not satisfied by this awesome catch he then had the cheek to land 2 tench to 3lb. Caught on Beefs special bait which he named 'THE BEEF BURGER' I only managed the one fish all day. A fantastic day by all accounts, and one that Beef will not forget in a hurry.