Sunday 30 May 2010

Some fishing here and there

I almost feel like a stranger to my own blog these days, it may look like I've lost interest but I can assure you that this isn't the case at all. I'll explain...

This year I decided that I needed to do something about my physical condition. I was over weight and it was time to get in shape, so instead of spending every given hour to fishing I've dedicated some of my spare time to exercise.

I've lost nearly 5 stone to date and I'm starting to notice the difference in my face on my fishing pics, here are two classic examples below...

January -2010

May -2010

So to the fishing, I've fished a few venues over the last few weeks, catching a few decent Tench and another PB Bream of 5lb 1oz along the way, and I also landed my first Carp by design , at around 6lb's though it's hardly worth mentioning. To bring it right up to date I've fished a local water with Allan over the last two days, it's not the easiest of waters, and is far from what you could call a 'Runs Water' but the lake holds some good fish and there is always a chance of hooking into one of the larger residents

A 4lb 5oz Tench was my best fish of all, but not to be out done this time Allan landed 2 Tench his best fish was also a Tench of the same weight of 4lb 5oz.The following day we returned for an afternoons fishing, we both fished the tip. No Tench today but a mixed bag of Perch and Rudd made the day worthwhile.

First Carp of the year -By design

A new Bream PB 5lb 1oz4lb 5oz Tench
Allan Smiling

Allan's 4lb 5oz Tench

It's almost time, oh yes it's nearly here, the river fishing season is almost upon us, I'm looking forward to the coming season, I'm already planning where to fish on the opening day and what tactics to use. Tench and Bream will be my main target, perhaps with the odd Pike thrown in for good measure.