Wednesday 16 December 2009

Suspended deads save the day again.

A lazy start today, I ended up on the drains around 10am and I was pretty surprised to see that it had coloured up since the weekend. We hadn't had that much rain so I take it there must have been some water pumped in from somewhere.

On the whole the fishing was pretty quiet. I did catch 2 Jack Pike though. I recognised the first fish as the Pike that Paddy had caught on October 10th, and that I'd previously caught on October 21st. The Pike is easily recognised, as when Paddy was about to land the fish a commotion followed and it sustained some severe damage from a seemingly much bigger and rather opportunist Pike.

I'm pleased to say that the nasty gash that it had - has healed up nicely. Both Pike were caught on suspended dead's. This method does seem to catch a few fish as opposed to laying baits on the bottom perhaps going unnoticed in murky water.

Damage 21-10-09

Damage 16-12-09