Saturday 12 December 2009

An end to a rotten month

Well it's been a while since I last blogged my fishing exploits. The weather throughout the month of November was absolutely terrible, records will show that November 2009 was the wettest since records began. The drains became completely unfishable, and coloured fast moving water does not make for good Pike fishing conditions.

I did spend some time fishing though, I fished my new water several times, but I didn't manage to winkle anything off.

This week the weather eased off and finally the rain that has plagued our skies came to an end.

I fished the drains a couple of times this week, I drew a blank on my first outing - but I finally put an end to my barren spell on Friday by landing three fish to 12lb 2oz.

Saturday :
I arranged to meet Ben for a session on the drains. But A rather uneventful day wasn't what we'd planned. We didn't get so much as a dropped run between us. We were not alone in our failings though as everyone else that was Piking also struggled to land fish today. It's a funny old game this piking lark isn't it!

The best thing about one of my blanks


Back on the Pike 12lb 2oz

Around 9lb's
The fog descended in minutes