Friday 28 November 2008

A decent days Piking

The Sluice was once again the choice venue for today. I was joined by Beef and Kenny. We were rods in by around 8ish. The chances of catching were very good today, the conditions were perfect, the winds that have been terrorising us the week before had blown through. Today felt Pikey! The first fish was to come to Beef, a cracking fish of 12lb 2oz. This is now Beefs Personal Best Pike, surpassing his old PB by some margin. There were a few dropped runs today, Pike seemingly interested in the baits, but not enough to commit to a meal. Soon enough I was watched my left sided float signal a take, I was in! a Pike of 8lb 12oz was to be my reward. It was just down to Kenny now, interestingly we have never all caught on the same session whenever the three of us have fished together. Kenny didn't disappoint, a lovely fat Pike of 10lb 14oz was soon being cradled by the man himself. Note to self....... Remove comedy hat for photo's!
12lb 2oz Pike Well in mate

It's no monster, but I'll take these all day
Look at the belly on that, I mean the Pike